International Development Intern, MC-099-5
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Academic Enrollment: You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited technical or vocational school, two-year or four-year college or university, graduate or professional school (go to www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ to verify accreditation status). Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic, vocational, or technical course load leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate in International Development, International Relations, Public policy or Administration, Economics, Sustainability, Political Science or Foreign Affairs. "Half-time" is defined by the school in which the student is enrolled.
Applicants must have completed four (4) academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in International Development, International Relations, Public policy or Administration, Economics, Sustainability, Political Science or Foreign Affairs. NOTE: Your transcript showing that you meet this requirement must be included with your application.
Desirable: experience in political economy/institutional analysis, system dynamics, statistical analysis, or governance/institutional reform.
Desirable: excellent writing and analytical skil.l
Desirable: working knowledge or better of French or Spanish in addition to English (please include language(s) and level of proficiency in your resume).
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Only degrees from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be evaluated for US equivalency to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
- For more information about the Pathways Internship program please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentAndGrads
- Selectee must sign a Pathways Agreement defining the requirements of the program.
- This is an excepted service appointment, not-to-exceed one (1) year, under the MCC Pathways Internship Program. After successful completion of the program requirements, the individual may be converted to a term or permanent appointment. An intern converted to a term appointment may be subsequently converted non-competitively into a permanent competitive service position before the term expires.
- There is no guarantee of conversion to a term or permanent appointment. Conversion is at the sole discretion of MCC management.
- If selected, male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement to verify Selective Service Registration.Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet minimum qualifications, as described above. All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review and consideration. Veterans preference does apply and preference eligibles will be placed ahead of non-preference eligibles when referred to hiring managers.
You will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position based on the information provided in your resume, responses to the online questionnaire, and your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this Internship. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.