General Engineer, AD-0801-04 (Program Director)
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses may be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position. We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
1. In-depth knowledge and expertise in specialty areas of engineering and/or science and familiarity with the engineering and/or science research community.
2. Knowledge of the principles, concepts, methods, and techniques of basic science, engineering research, and science policy to analyze research efforts.
3. Knowledge of the administrative/operational aspects of Federal funding mechanisms such as grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, and other contractual arrangements to perform assigned functions.
4. Ability to compile, evaluate and present technical and scientific information.
5. Knowledge of the collection, arrangement, and organization of data to prepare tables, charts, graphs, summaries, and other materials for effective presentation of research results and for inclusion in publications.
6. Knowledge of computer systems, methods and applications.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No