ACADEMIC SPECIALIST (FIELD STUDIES PROGRAM COORDINATOR)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - 40% or more.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non Critical position which requires a background investigation. The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security determination to occupy a Non Critical position within the agency as a condition of employment.
- Must have a Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited higher education institution in a field related to American Studies, Government, International Relations, International Studies, Comparative Politics, American History, Political Philosophy, Political Science, History, Higher Education, and Educational Leadership
- One year of experience in strategic planning, curriculum development, program management or academic instruction, to include program and policy development.
- Exceptional skill in writing and oral communications techniques in order to develop and convey assessments and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across and outside the university; ability to work with campus executives, deans, department chairs and faculty members
- Knowledge of applicable federal laws and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations pertaining to security assistance programs, including International Military Education and Training (IMET) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Joint Professional Military Education (JPME)
- Proficiency with one or more foreign languages
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension. Applications for this vacancy require a narrative assessment questionnaire to be completed by each applicant and uploaded as a separate document with submission. The required narrative questions are listed in the "How You Will Be Evaluated" section. Responses to the narrative questions must be completed and uploaded with the other specified required documents.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A screening panel will review your resume and narrative answers to the assessment questions to evaluate your qualifications for the position. NDU uses a multi-tier selection process for academic positions You must attach a separate document with answers to the questions listed below. The following questions will be reviewed by the NDU screening panel.
- Experience: Describe your experience in strategic planning, curriculum development, program management, or academic instruction to include program and policy development.
- Communication: Describe your skill in writing and oral communications techniques in order to develop and convey assessments and recommendations to senior leaders.
- Engagement: Describe your experience developing, maintaining, and strengthening relations with academic and senior leadership across departments and institutions. Highlight examples of successful partnerships in which you have facilitated.
- Security Assistance Programs: Describe your experience with activities relevant to areas of security assistance programs especially with international students, university administration and leadership in military and government settings.
- Language Proficiency: Describe your foreign language proficiencies.