Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.Applicants must have the required experience or education as described below and meet any selective factors, when specified.
All applicants MUST meet one of the basic qualification requirements described below for this position:
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A. Applicants must have a degree from an accredited college or university in accounting and/or auditing OR a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented
by 24 semester hours in accounting and/or auditing. (The 24 semester hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law);
B. Combination of Education and Experience: Have at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge AND meet 1, 2 or 3 below:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses. (This can include up to 6 hours of business law.)
2. A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor obtained through a written examination.
3. Have at least 4 years of experience in accounting AND completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, (e.g., 15 semester hours) but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement described in paragraph A above, AND (a) have successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, (e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining); AND (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors determined that I have demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A above; AND (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, my education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
If you are applying for the GS-9:
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have at least 1 full year of specialized experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience performing audit steps and tasks of limited difficulty and complexity such as conducting evaluations, examinations, or other fact-finding studies; and
- Experience preparing segments of draft audit reports using a practical application of auditing standards, procedures, and technology.
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited
college or university. This education demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position to be filled.
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience as described on the vacancy announcement, which is equivalent to the work of the position and is equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service. This education and experience meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
If you are applying for the GS-11:
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have at least 1 year of specialized experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the
position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service.
Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience using a variety of audit procedures, statistical techniques, and data analyses to assemble and develop findings.
- Experience reviewing an organization's official records as a part of an audit to ensure compliance and to identify effectiveness of management policies and procedures.
- Experience participating in meetings or conferences to present findings and justify recommendations.
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. This education demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position to be filled.
IN ADDITION to the above basic qualification requirements, you must have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience which is equivalent to the work of the position and equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service. This education and experience meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Note: All applicants MUST submit transcripts as verification of educational requirement OR a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination OR
panel recommendation that includes all the requirements as described under Combination of Education and Experience #3 above by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you WILL lose consideration for this position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection procedures. Based on your responses to the job-specific self-assessment questions, eligible candidates are placed for selection consideration into one of three pre-defined quality categories as described below:
Highly-qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications for the position, candidates must fully demonstrate proficiency in all major aspects of the position.
Well Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, candidates must demonstrate proficiency in some, but not all of the major aspects of the position.
Qualified Category - In addition to meeting minimum qualifications, applicants must demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, skill and ability of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct audits.
- Ability to conduct research to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of operations.
- Ability to communicate in writing in a manner that is appropriate for a given audience.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Ability to reconcile conflicting viewpoints.
- Ability to gather and correlate relevant information and identify trends and generalizations.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume must include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click here.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each pre-defined quality category. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent (i.e., CPS and CP) must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position to receive consideration for special priority.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this announcement. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No