Research Associate II
Research Associate II
Center for Innovation in Learning and Student Success
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-time, Pay Grade 2.3
Location: Adelphi, MD
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking an individual to join the Center for Innovation in Learning and Student Success (CILSS) to be responsible for data gathering, data management, and data analysis in relation to mission critical research projects in the areas of academic planning, policy analysis, and outcomes assessment. The Research Associate also plays an integral role in traditional institutional research functions such as completing IPEDS data collections, MHEC MAC2 collection, and other reports required by USM and state and federal government agencies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Participate in the collection, vetting, maintenance ,and dissemination of institutional data, and prepare federal, state, and other traditional institutional research reports
- Utilize internal and external data sources to generate reports to meet the university's accreditation and compliance reporting requirements
- Extract data from the enterprise data warehouse via SQL queries or reporting tools, and conduct data analysis to support university research projects
- Communicate with functional users to understand the business process and ensure data quality
- Work with stakeholders and team members to design relevant data visualizations leveraging appropriate tools such as Tableau, build dashboards and present analytic results
- Serve as support to the senior staff in the office to assist with entering data for Middle States Commission on Higher Education Institutional Profile (MSCHE IP) or Annual Institutional Update (AIU), creating data visualizations for presentations and reports, and comparing data reported and verifying its accuracy and consistency over time
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, data science, computer science, management information systems, or a social science related field, and a minimum of two (2) years experience in institutional research, data analytics, or other higher education field.
- Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of SQL and statistical software (SPSS or SAS); strong problem solving skills; demonstrated experience in data extraction, analysis and visualization; the ability to present data in appropriate formats as well as written narrative; and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in Business Objects and/or Tableau is preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.