(Senior) Manager, Marketing - Biologics (1204-679)
The Marketing Manager/Sr. Manager - Biologics will focus on elevating overall awareness of biologics to key stakeholders, promotion of the current portfolio and market growth strategies for the Biologics Program Unit Team (PUT). The incumbent will be responsible for tactical development and pull-through of the strategic plan. In addition, this person will lead the development of the digital and social media plan. The manager will need to understand market trends in the biologics standards space and be able to generate innovative ideas regarding future growth opportunities. He/she will be responsible for building a pipeline of new opportunities and demonstrating how they link to the overall strategic direction of the program unit. The manager will be responsible for understanding USP’s role in standards development as the premier pharmacopeia and how to assess related opportunities. He/She will need to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the customer development team and internal support functions (marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, market intelligence, legal, finance and accounting, etc.) to ensure maximum impact. This role will help shape the portfolio of Biologics by taking into consideration customer needs, ensuring the sustainability of the program, identifying correlations to the work and public health impact. This role is currently an individual contributor with the opportunity to manage staff depending on the business need and individual capability.Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads tactical plan development and deployment, digital and social media messaging, conference strategy, new and novel outreach opportunities.
- Interpret market trends and identify potential opportunities.
- Support strategy development through trend analysis and market data review.
- Establish metrics for tactical plan initiatives
- Understand lead nurturing software and processes
- Ability to forecast market trends based on direct customer insights and market research.
- Manages by influence and collaboration in a matrix environment.
- Devises metrics/KPIs to gauge success of new programs not only in terms of revenue, but in terms of maximizing public health impact and actively reporting on them.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or scientific field is required.
- Manager: Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years in product marketing or business management, preferably within the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Healthcare industry.
- Senior Manager: Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience with a minimum of 3 years in product marketing or business management.
- Marketing experience in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- A track record of success in marketing commensurate with experience level
- Ability to patiently listen and gather customer/stakeholder insights and respond with creative solutions.
- Ability to balance a process-driven approach while generating innovative ideas.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with key players within the cross-functional environment.
- A strong team player and a leader by influence.
- Passion and drive of an early stage start up.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Action and results driven with examples of successful outcomes.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities in an environment of change.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Combined education in science and business highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, relational databases, data structure, data query, analysis and reporting.
- Possess a technical understanding of the assigned product area and how customers use the products; can articulate customer needs.
- Ability to gain customer confidence and establish relationships; Strong empathy for customers.
- Global mindset and ability to travel - up to 10%.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular