Seasonal Laborer: Leaf Collection
Chevy Chase Village, a municipal government in southern Montgomery County, seeks to hire two (2) seasonal laborers to assist with the 2018 Leaf Collection Season. Under the supervision of the Director of Public Works, the incumbent will perform a wide variety of manual, unskilled and semi-skilled labor tasks during leaf season.
Major Duties Include:
- Performing heavy manual labor for extended periods, sometimes under unfavorable conditions
- Using a number of tools and machines, including but not limited to leaf rakes and pitch forks
- Using the suction hose attached to a leaf machine, requiring heavy physical labor
- Understanding and carrying out oral and written instructions
- Using knowledge of competent, safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Performing all other related work as required
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Three (3) months to one (1) year of experience performing manual or similar work
- Some High School
- Combination of educational, professional or volunteer experience
This position is temporary with employment beginning in October, 2018 and ending in December, 2018 and may be extended at the discretion of management. The schedule will be Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. with the potential for overtime on Saturdays. The hourly rate of pay is $14.75 per hour.
Interested applicants may download an Employment Application from the Village website at www.chevychasevillagemd.gov (click on Government and select "Public Works" under Departments) or request an application in person at:
Chevy Chase Village Office
5906 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
or by FAX 301-907-9721
or by EMAIL email@example.com (Subject Line: Temp Laborer position)
Positions open until filled.