Information Systems Auditor
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Overnight travel is rare, and generally only in conjunction with attending out of town training, seminars, or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship or National.
- Criminal History Records Check and Fingerprinting.
- Secret Security Clearance (minimum).
- This is a drug testing-designated position, a pre-employment drug screening will be required.
The Office of Inspector General, U.S. House of Representatives, participates in the following Federal benefits programs shown on the OPM websites below:
- Health Insurance: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/plans/
- Dental and Vision: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/dental-vision/
- Flexible Spending Accounts: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/flexible-spending-accounts/
- Life Insurance: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/life-insurance/
- Long-term Care: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/long-term-care/
- Additionally, employees may participate in the Thrift Savings Plan. https://www.tsp.gov/index.html
- An undergraduate degree and 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 semester hours in business law) is required. An applicable graduate degree or at least one certification is required. Qualifying certifications include CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CGAP, CGFM, MCSE, and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of information systems, information systems security, information systems management, information systems auditing, computer operating systems, network protocols, and audit scanning tools and techniques.
- Must have skill in: (i) establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with House staff and (ii) effective oral and written communications.
- An undergraduate degree and 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 semester hours in business law) is required.
- An applicable graduate degree or at least one certification is required. Qualifying certifications include CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CGAP, CGFM, MCSE, and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of the announcement.
Benefits of Working at the U.S. House of Representatives
General Benefits - U.S. House of Representatives staff are eligible to participate in the various employee benefits plans (e.g. Thrift Savings Plan, Federal Employees Health Benefits, Federal Employees Life Insurance, etc.) to which other federal employees are entitled.
Leave Accumulation - Prior federal service and work experience in a related field are considered when calculating an employee's rate of leave accumulation. (The Inspector General has the discretion to grant credit to new employees, for leave accrual purposes, for prior related non-federal work experience). All employees accumulate 12 days of sick leave per year regardless of length of prior federal or non-federal service. Annual Leave is calculated as follows:
- Less than 3 years of service/experience = 12 days annual leave per year.
- Between 3 years and 6 years of service/experience = 18 days annual leave per year.
- 6 or more years of service/experience = 24 days annual leave per year.
Student Loan Repayment Program - Employees can be reimbursed for up to $10,000 per year (with a maximum of $60,000 in total) for federally backed student loans.
Gym Membership - House employees are eligible for discounted memberships to "Gold's Gym" and to the House Fitness Center.
On-site Day Care facility.
Flexible work schedule.
Eligibility for either free, on-site parking or an amount up to the DoT monthly limit in mass transit benefits. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates whose resumes illustrate they possess knowledge and experience in the following areas and professional certifications will be considered:
- Extensive experience performing information systems audits.
- Understanding of government auditing standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.