MILITARY PAY TECHNICIAN
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Specialized experience is defined as: reviewing and processing a wide variety of complex, nonrecurring payroll transactions, and resolving problems within automated pay accounts, experience must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of a wide-range of payroll actions, regulations, policies and procedures.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months of graduate education may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement when education is directly related to the position being filled. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
- Moving expenses WILL NOT be paid.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Travel requirement is occasional.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- This is a Financial Management Level I Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification Program. Information about the DoD FM Certification Program is available at: http://www.dfas.mil/dam/dfas/careers/pdf/DoDFMCertificationProgram.pdf
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement.
- Highly Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category - Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Payroll
- Financial Management Systems
- Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
- Mathematical Reasoning
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10323143
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process, DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No