Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of generalized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-04) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
General experience is experience that is defined as: demonstrates the ability to: analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions; plan and organize work; and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-06) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: performing database searches to assist with data and trend analysis in an investigative context, preparing routine reports, and providing information to senior analysts, investigators, and supervisors.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year of graduate level education in a related field or superior academic achievement (SAA) may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
- Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.) is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership. Bachelors degree required or a senior in college can apply with certain considerations (please use link to OPM to determine if you qualify).
- Class standing - Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) -
- 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or
- 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in specific National Scholastic Honor Societies.
- Additional information on S.A.A. and/or which Honor Societies are recognized click on the link to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Classification & Qualifications Standards: Superior Academic Achievement
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-07) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as assisting in performing trend analysis and statistical studies in an investigative context, manipulating data from a variety of databases, and summarizing and extracting essential information from reports for superiors.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Moving expenses WILL NOT be paid.
- This is a drug test position.
- Subject to random drug screen once appointed.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov)
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Complaint Processing
- Data Analysis
- Database Management Systems
- Investigation and Reporting
- Office Automation
- Written Communication
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10319836 Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required Yes