Patient Financial Advisor I
- Full Time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Patient Financial Advisor I is responsible for ownership of patient financial obligations for inpatient and select outpatient encounters. The Patient Financial Advisor confirms insurance coverage and eligibility, obtains authorizations for service, identifies other sources of payment for uninsured patients, and assists in referrals.
Patient Financial Advisors must commit to the Adventist Healthcare Values:
Respect - Recognizes the infinite worth of individuals and care for e ach one as a whole person.
Integrity - Is above reproach in everything they do.
Service - We provide compassionate and attentive care in a manner that inspires confidence.
Excellence - We provide world-class clinical outcomes in an environment that is safe for both our patients and our care givers.
Stewardship - We take personal responsibility for the efficient and effective accomplishment of our mission
* Supports pre-service process by providing coverage verification and authorization for scheduled services.
* Communicate clearly to patient or patient designee, insurance coverages/benefits, patient financial obligations, and impact of unpaid services
* ensures service orders, patient statuses, and resulting financial obligations are updated in system
* Verify accuracy of all insurance information
* Conducts patient account assessments
* Confirms insurance eligibility for insured patients
* Obtains authorizations services where appropriate
* Assists patients in completing AHC charitable applications at the medical centers
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience within a healthcare financial environment, which can include insurer or public health setting.
* Knowledge and utilization of Windows desktop applications including Word and Excel.
Monday through Friday, 08:30 to 17:00
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.