Office of Finance
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Accountant in the Office of Finance. Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Comptroller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring that transactions are in accordance with UMUC, State and Federal policies/procedures; and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Reconcile assigned accounts, analyze and research outstanding items and make adjusting entries as needed.
- Receive, analyze, adjust, and prepare various internal/external financial ledgers, schedules, exhibits and summaries along with any assigned databases utilized for financial reporting.
- Process payroll data for each pay period to create journal entries that correctly record the funding for each employee.
- Maintain accounting records for the conference center, including recording monthly revenue, preparing journals, creating miscellaneous invoices, monitoring contract compliance, and recording intercampus charges.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, in Accounting or Finance.
- Five (5) to seven (7) tears of Accounting / Finance related experience.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Higher Education accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.