General Maintenance Worker I
This is general maintenance work at the semi-skilled level.
An employee in this class assists tradesmen in maintaining electric, HVAC, plumbing and associated fixtures and equipment. Also performs seasonal maintenance of lawns and playgrounds. Employee may perform minor repairs or simple tasks independently. Employees may be assigned various independent tasks in all categories of maintenance work such as masonry, carpentry, roofing, electrical, or plumbing. The employee follows strict procedures in the performance of assigned duties. Work is performed inside and outside of school buildings.
* Performs routine maintenance tasks such as moving furniture and instructional materials, installs and repairs signs and fences, repairs curbs and pavements
* Assists technicians in maintaining fans, motors, air compressors, and plumbing equipment
* Assists tradesmen in trouble shooting minor electrical problems in fans, light fixtures, switches and receptacles, replaces parts and components as necessary. May perform some repairs independently
* Assists with repairs to doors, door locks, carpets, panic bars; replacing floor tiles; patching holes in walls and plaster, drywall finishing, painting and other corrosion protection
* Assists in identifying roof leaks and making roof repairs, performs basic carpentry
* Plows snow in winter and clears walkways, operates truck mounted salt/sand spreaders
* Prunes shrubs and trees, cuts grass, and performs other related landscape functions to include transporting and maintenance of power equipment for semi-annual change over
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Experience in general maintenance work
* Ability to operate mobile information technology devices to receive and close out work assignments
* Ability to properly operate the tools, equipment, and materials required of the specific tasks assigned
* Possess a valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, climb a ladder and use an aerial lift; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to see. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.