Engineer, Asset Allocation Strategy
6 days left
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position supports the Planning process to maximize the yield on the Intelsat fleet. The holder of this position would be focused on developing, communicating, supporting and implementing role strategies in close coordination with products global accounts and Sales. This position will require autonomous work, coordination of cross-functional projects and accountability for communicating decisions and analyses to various stakeholders within the company.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or an equivalent degree.
- At least one years of relevant experience in satellite telecommunications.
- Basic level knowledge and experience of satellite link budgets.
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment which includes cross-functional teams and requires flexibility to assume lead or support roles.
- Effective interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills (oral, written, listening).
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information to individuals without a technical / engineering background
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple projects independently
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite particularly with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Optimal allocation of services based on role strategy, application, operating environment suitability, under the supervision of your manager.
- In coordination with the Asset Management Provisioning team support the optimization and/or maintain the operating environment to derive the highest performance for our assets.
- Assist, with manager guidance, the evaluation technical feasibility and recommend grooming and/or beam re-points in coordination within Solutions Development and Sales.
- Support Customer Solutions Engineering to provide options when solutions are not readily available.
- Under the supervision of your manager, identify solutions to Deal Management when contention for inventory arises. Identifies alternatives to support capacity allocation decisions.
- Maintain accuracy of commercial/allocation loading in inventory systems. Resolve inconsistencies through coordination with Deal Management and Sales Operations.
- Manage trend reporting on inventory availability for existing and new assets (pre-commitments)
- Assist in the development of assigned satellite transition plans for existing and future satellites including commercial and strategic recommendations for continuation/non-renewal of services if applicable.
- With management oversight, identify alternatives for resolution of operational issues related to health/configuration/interference on assigned satellites.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.