Looking for a role providing outsourced accounting services at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman is in search of an Outsourced Accounting and Advisory Services Staff Accountant to join our team.
Experience the fastest growing area in the accounting industry today: outsourced accounting. Built on an infrastructure of cloud based technology, this position will provide an accounting experience that is cutting edge and fast paced, while providing opportunities for advancement within the firm.
Our firm's Outsourced Accounting and Advisory Services department is looking for talented individuals to join our team. In this position, you’ll work on client engagements that center on cloud based accounting systems like Sage Intacct and QuickBooks Online from our offices and at client sites. Our team based environment requires the ability to prioritize projects, collaborate with others, learn new technologies and interface with clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process transactions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Allocations, Adjusting Journal Entries, etc.
- Process and record cash disbursement and receipts
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Utilize tools such as Bill.com, Tallie, Expensify, etc.
- Interface with clients on the day to day aspects of their accounting cycle and emphasize customer service and responsiveness
- Work with senior staff to coordinate and assist with the monthly close and reporting process for various clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 years or more experience in public accounting or private industry, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of duties performed. Experience with nonprofit organizations preferred. Prior CPA firm experience is helpful
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a wide range of accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Sage Intacct
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include a 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!