Science and Research Coordinator
Today is your opportunity to join an innovative, cutting edge and highly effective non-profit organization tackling one of the most critical public health issues of our time—lung cancer. Lung Cancer Alliance is focused solely on saving lives and when you join the team you will help us do just that, each and every day.
Led by a team of passionate, driven professionals, Lung Cancer Alliance takes a strategic and scientific approach to turn those diagnosed into survivors and ensure those at risk receive the benefit of screening. Take this opportunity to join the team and the movement that will flip the survival rate for the leading cause of cancer death on its head.
The Science and Research Coordinator is responsible for research study coordination within Lung Cancer Alliance’s (LCA) Screening Centers of Excellence Network. This position will work with field sites for research protocols that are being implemented in the network, including assisting LCA and research partners with field site recruitment, opening of studies at field sites and day to day coordination of field sites while studies are active. The Coordinator will also assist with multiple research projects within the Science & Research division, across the continuum of lung cancer prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship. This may include data management and analysis related to quantitative and qualitative research studies undertaken by LCA. Other duties may include assisting with LCA’s phone and online lung cancer treatment and clinical trial navigation.
- Participates in field site recruitment and coordination for research protocols.
- Monitors and reports on activities pertaining to multiple clinical protocols such as patient recruitment and retention, trial progress and compliance issues.
- Assists with ensuring protocol adherence by clear and timely communication to appropriate persons.
- Act as a key point of contact between field sites, LCA and research sponsors and partners.
- Helps to compile and analyze data in support of LCA initiated research studies.
- Works with LCA Science & Research team to create presentations for a scientific audience.
- Assists with patient recruitment and navigation to appropriate clinical trials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to LCA’s mission and vision.
- BS or RN required, advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Two years experience in in the coordination, implementation and execution of clinical research, preferably in oncology.
- Knowledge of clinical research data collection and clinical data report preparation.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, GCP and human subject research practices.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience with data analysis, including use of statistical software, is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and understanding of clinical data management tools.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple research related assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package included.
- Lung Cancer Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lung Cancer Alliance through email at email@example.com with subject line “Science”.