Administrative Associate (French speaking) at Embassy of Monaco
The Embassy of the Principality of Monaco in Washington, D.C., the primary diplomatic mission of Monaco to the United States and Canada, is currently seeking an organized, motivated and efficient professional to join a small team based in a new, centrally located Washington D.C. office.
DESCRIPTION: The main purpose of this role will be to support the Embassy team and strategic activity by providing creative, effective, and efficient support to the organization and administration of the Chancery and in the execution of the Embassy’s priorities.
- Among other duties, the applicant will be expected to:
- Provide administrative support for special projects, including assistance as required with Embassy events and activity planning;
- Keeping of office records (correspondence, archives), input and maintain extensive database of Embassy contacts;
- Field Embassy calls in a professional and discreet manner; Contribute creative flair/writing skills for social media assistance, official correspondence, composing invitations etc.;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate superior organizational and time management skills, written and verbal proficiency in French and English, a proven ability to learn quickly and to work well independently and within a team, meet deadlines, and be comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced/professional proficiency in written and verbal French (candidate will be tested);
- Fluency in written and verbal English;
- Have at least 3 years of related work experience;
- Office administrative experience, preferably in a government, NGO, or foundation context;
- Experience in an international professional or academic setting;
- Strong IT skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite; must be generally adept with various other IT platforms (web browsers, social media, etc.);
- Possess an aptitude for creativity/design (experience with Adobe and other publishing/media/website content software and would be an advantage);
- Ability to work proactively, flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues;
- Have the ability to be discreet and to manage confidential information;
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent undergraduate degree, or a combination of post-secondary studies and professional experience/training.
The ideal applicant is detail-oriented, team-oriented, highly organized, loyal, discreet, and resourceful, and will possess:
- Professional Integrity, Adaptability and Flexibility;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Sound judgment and initiative;
- 37.5 hours/week, M-F - Additional time as needed for Embassy events outside of standard office hours;
- Warm, multi-lingual and multi-cultural office environment
REMUNERATION: Salary commensurate with skills, experience and background. Starting annual salary range: $48K - $55K. Benefits include excellent health coverage (full medical, generous dental, and vision), paid vacation/annual leave.Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful U.S. permanent residents, or have the appropriate authorization for lawful employment in the United States.
A three to six month trial period will be required.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted by October 15, 2018. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.