Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
All online applicants must provide a valid email address. If your email address is inaccurate or your mailbox is full or blocked, you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in atmospheric or geospace sciences, ocean or Earth sciences, environmental sciences, or a closely related field; OR a Masters' degree in atmospheric or geospace sciences, ocean or Earth sciences, environmental sciences, or a closely related field plus, after award of the Master's degree, two or more years of successful research, research support, research administration, science support and logistics planning, and/or research support managerial experience pertinent to the position.
The successful applicant requires not only knowledge in the appropriate scientific discipline but also a commitment to high scientific standards, considerable breadth of scientific interest and receptivity to new ideas. Also necessary are a strong sense of fairness, good judgment, and a high degree of personal integrity.
This position is outside the competitive civil service.
You must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Relocation expenses MAY be paid contingent upon the availability of funds
This announcement is open to (All US Citizens OR current NSF employees) who meet citizenship and eligibility requirements.
Federal Appropriations Law requires that Non-Citizens meet certain eligibility criteria to be considered. Therefore, Non-Citizens must certify eligibility by signing and attaching this Citizenship Affidavit to their application. Non-citizens who do not provide the affidavit at the time of application will not be considered.
This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the National Science Foundation.
NSF has determined that all of its positions are eligible for telework. Work suitable for telework depends on job duties; therefore, employees must receive approval from their supervisor for telework and have a telework agreement in place. Entering into a telework agreement is voluntary.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
The AGS Science Analyst must demonstrate:
1. Relevant professional experience in Atmospheric or Geospace Science or other appropriate discipline, as described below (see “Qualifications”).
2. Knowledge of, and interest in, NSF's processes for supporting fundamental research and education;
3. Strong skills in research, text and data analysis, and data visualization that evidence the ability to perform extensive inquiry into research portfolios, outcomes and impacts using large, complex datasets.
4. Significant experience using programming languages relevant to processing, querying and analyzing large datasets such as Python and SQL.
5. Ability to communicate complex scientific and technical information effectively to both expert and non-expert audiences, including in written reports and oral presentations.
6. Ability to in work effectively in teams and independently, and to handle evolving expectations and tight deadlines.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No