Physician - Chief Medical Officer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (MQs): Address each of the following MQ's (TQs and SPQs) separately. MQ Statements must provide specific examples that address relevant experience, accomplishments and evidence that you possess demonstrated superior technical and senior professional qualifications.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (Maximum of 1 page per TQ):
1. Clinical knowledge and experience/expertise in medical leadership within the health policy/health management sphere. Possesses both medical knowledge and an understanding of healthcare benefits management and health delivery systems.
Senior Professional Qualifications (SPQs) (Maximum of 1 page per SPQ):
1. Partnering: Ability to develop networks and build alliances, engage in cross-functional activities; collaborate across boundaries, and find common ground with a widening range of stakeholders. Utilize contacts to build and strengthen internal support bases.
2. External Awareness: Demonstrated experience in understanding local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders' views; is aware of the organization's impact on the external environment.
3. Communication: Ability to make clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups; listen effectively and clarify information as needed; facilitate an open exchange of ideas and foster an atmosphere of open communication. Ability to express written facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
All eligible applicants must have the following to meet the basic requirement for this position:
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association (external link); Association of American Medical Colleges (external link); Liaison Committee on Medical Education (external link); Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association (external link), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Medical School: A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (external link), a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Selected candidate is required to file a SF-278, Public Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days after his/her appointment, in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
If you are a veteran and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility.
If you are a veteran and you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference (see https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx). Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. You should expect that we will verify performance, suitability and security information and take that information into account in making employment offers.
RATING AND RANKING METHODS: Applications will be evaluated against the resume and mandatory qualifications requirements. The candidate's total background, including experience, education, awards, self-development and training will be reviewed in determining the degree to which he/she possesses each of the qualification requirements. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory technical qualifications requirement. Please do not say "see resume". Failure to meet any one of the Mandatory Qualifications standards will eliminate a candidate from further consideration. A preliminary review will be made by OPM Human Resources. Candidates will be evaluated for this position by a screening panel composed of a diverse mix of senior executives and/or general officers selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel discusses each application and reaches consensus as to the Best Qualified, Qualified or Not Qualified candidates.
Only the individuals in the Best Qualified category will be referred to the hiring official for possible interview.