Student Trainee (Business and Industry)-Intern-Public Notice Flyer
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
What We Offer:
- Orientation Session, an engaging orientation designed to provide information on program components, requirements, roles and responsibilities, and other essential information
- Networking with and learning from each other and current employees
- Technical training
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for full-time employment after graduation
- If you are offered permanent employment, you will have the opportunity for rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions for the first 4 years (full performance level at a GS-12)
If you participate in our Pathways Intern program, you will be required to:
- Receive formal training directly linked to your employment field in addition to soft skill training
- Serve a trial period, which will allow your supervisor to evaluate your conduct and performance on the job and determine if our appointment will become final
- Sign a participant agreement
- Complete a bachelor's degree by July, 2020
- Work full-time from Tuesday, May 28, 2019, through Friday, August 16, 2019
- Commit to working part-time during the school year to complete the required hours before graduating in May/June 2020
If you visit this website and there are no links to apply, then we are not yet accepting applications for this position. Please check the website regularly to ensure you do not miss this job opportunity.
Specific qualification requirements will be found on the Students and Recent Graduates website when we are accepting applications.
In order to be placed in a permanent position after completing the Pathways Intern program, you must:
- Meet the qualification requirements for the position you are being placed in.
- Maintain an acceptable performance under GSA's approved performance management system.
- Receive a favorable recommendation from your supervisor at the end of the program.
- Meet all the training and development requirements outlined in the GSA Pathways policy.
GSA is not obligated to make an offer of permanent employment to you after you have completed the Program.
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will answer job-related questions, which will measure your overall possession of the competencies or knowledge, skills,
and abilities required for the job.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- Within the 3 categories, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No