ALMA Network Zone Manager
SUMMARY: The ALMA Network Zone Manager enables the success of the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) university partners by managing, coordinating and contributing to resource management, discovery, resource-sharing and fulfillment in the Alma Network Zone. The Network Zone Manager is responsible for ensuring accurate information, database integrity and ongoing development to support workflows in all functional areas of the Alma platform. The ALMA Network Zone Manager works closely with library staff and with WRLC central staff to enhance collaboration and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Network Zone workflows and operations. This position reports to the Director, Library and User Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ALMA Network Zone management: Coordinates and implements the overall management of the Alma Network Zone for the WRLC. Assesses consortial needs, makes recommendations and implements approved Network Zone policies, procedures and access. Manages import, export and deletion of Network Zone records. Monitors monthly updates, tests enhancements and reports results. Troubleshoots issues arising within the Network Zone environment and resolves them in support of the partner libraries.
- Shared electronic resource management: Manages shared electronic content maintained in the ALMA Network Zone, including the import, creation, activation and maintenance of shared electronic collections and testing of shared collections in the Primo discovery environment.
- Library Systems support: Provides support and problem-resolution for the Alma environment for the WRLC libraries and for Trinity Washington University. Monitors existing, new, and proposed Network Zone functionality to support increased collaborative work, including engaging the technical services community about needed functionality and advocating with vendors for improvements and issue resolution. Contributes to planning for system developments and enhancements by working with library staff to identify problems, outline potential solutions, and implement requested configuration changes. Contributes to Primo support activities.
- Outreach and Communication: Represents the WRLC organization on committees and task forces. Coordinates with library and university staff, vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the needs of all WRLC partners are considered in decisions. Regularly communicates status and planning information to appropriate WRLC staff and the library partners. Prepares and provides documentation on WRLC policies and recommended workflows. Develops reports and other management information resources as required. Works with library staff to provide training for new features/workflows as required.
- Professional Responsibilities: Serves on committees and task forces as required. Provides constructive input for enhancements to services or revisions to policies and procedures. Serves as backup to other positions as necessary and perform other duties as assigned. Seeks new knowledge and update skills to enhance performance in all areas of responsibility.
The Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC), established as a non-profit corporation in 1987, supports and enhances library and information services for nine universities in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The WRLC enables the success of learning and scholarship by creating coordinated collections, creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access, ensuring the long-term preservation of physical and digital information resources and sharing expertise.
The WRLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The WRLC offers a competitive benefits package. Visit https://www.wrlc.org/benefits for additional details. For best consideration, apply by Nov.10
Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Visit https://www.wrlc.org/employment for positions available and employment information. The full position description will be found at https://www.wrlc.org/employment/network-zone-manager . An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background screening.
Expected: ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science, master’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience. At least three years’ demonstrated experience with metadata schema (MARC, Dublin Core, METS, FRBR, RDA), working with MARC bibliographic records, building and running batch processes and understanding of cataloging workflows. Demonstrated experience with the licensing and management of electronic resources.
Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to create documentation in various forms, including communicating a high level of technical detail to a variety of audiences. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to manage multiple projects and priorities successfully.
Preferred: Knowledge of acquisitions workflows. Experience with consortial database maintenance, preferably with Alma and Primo. Ability to analyze large data sets. Experience with MarcEdit and using scripting languages to transform large sets of data. Experience using web-based API’s for data retrieval and/or management.
Apply for ALMA Network Zone Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly