Public Affairs Specialist
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-09 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at the level of difficult and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with written and oral communication techniques and methods to assist in providing guidance and oversight on assigned communication programs. Experience planning, gathering, verifying and editing digital photography and creating/developing computer graphics/desktop publishing. Experience with analytical methods to evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations. OR Master’s or equivalent graduate degree. OR Two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education. OR LL.B. or J.D, if related.
GS-11 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with written and oral communication techniques and methods to assist in providing guidance and oversight on assigned communication programs. Experience with communication models and applications used to reach audiences effectively. Experience developing content for print and web mediums directed at a diverse employee audience. Experience with analytical methods to evaluate data and make appropriate recommendations. OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. OR three full years of progressively higher level graduate education. OR LL.M. if related
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have at least one year of specialized experience at the level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience with communication principles and making oral presentations and conducting meetings to obtain customer input on program issues. Experience applying a variety of approaches to communication programs and of developing effective messaging. Experience with problem-solving techniques in order to resolve complex issues. Experience analyzing and developing recommendations from a wide array of conflicting and divergent information to assist program officials in achieving the information objectives of their programs.
For Grades 9 THRU 11: You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
2 positions are located in any one of the following locations: Guaynabo, PR; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA.
***PLEASE READ PRIOR TO APPLYING***
When applying to this position, please consider each location before selecting. If you are selected for a position which requires relocation, you are responsible to relocate at your own expense and report on the negotiated start date.
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS: 96034, 96035, 96036
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
Conditions of Employment:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit Position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification form the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- May have to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communications and Media, Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication/Speaking, Problem Solving, Writing. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No