Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13, candidates must have one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience for this position includes meeting the following:
Implementing the internal controls and the operating and security practices for the organization being audited; AND
Performing vulnerability assessments of networks and systems; AND
Implementing the existing security policy and procedures; AND
Reviewing IT systems and/or IT security programs to identify weaknesses and make recommendations for corrective actions with senior management.
In addition to meeting the specialized experience, applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined:
1. Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service – Work with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral and Written Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral or written presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining designated position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-9.pdf). Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Analytical and Communication.
This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C. 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking and veterans' preference do not apply. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments, with the requirements of the position to determine eligibility.
Veterans’ Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required Yes