25% or less - May be required to travel up to 25% based on the needs of the agency.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
May be required to travel up to 25% based on the needs of the agency.
All documents must be received, and eligibility requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment.
For the GS-09 level: Your resume must demonstrate at least fifty-two (52) weeks of experience at the GS-07 level, or equivalent, which includes participating in the analysis of policies, procedures, regulations and statutes of a nutrition assistance or social services program.
EDUCATION: A related master's or equivalent graduate degree or two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.B. or J.D.
For the GS-11 level: Your resume must demonstrate at least fifty-two (52) weeks of experience at the GS-09 level, or equivalent, which includes participating in the analysis of policies, procedures, regulations and statutes of a nutrition assistance or social services program AND using analytical techniques to assess information, identify issues, and answer public policy questions.
EDUCATION: Three (3) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or LL.M. in a related field.
For the GS-12 level: Your resume must demonstrate at least fifty-two (52) weeks of experience at the GS-11 level, or equivalent, which includes using analytical techniques to evaluate and interpret policies, procedures, regulations and statutes of a nutrition assistance or social services program to identify issues, answer public policy questions.
For the GS-13 level: Your resume must demonstrate at least fifty-two (52) weeks of experience at the GS-12 level, or equivalent, which includes using analytical techniques to evaluate and interpret policies, procedures, regulations and statutes of a nutrition assistance or social services program to identify issues, answer public policy questions AND experience with the policy development processes regarding that program AND communicating program information to management through oral presentations and written reports
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- We may select from this announcement of any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- This is a BARGAINING designated position.
- If you are retired from the Federal Government and are selected for this vacancy, your retirement annuity may be offset from your pay.
- Creditable Service for Annual Leave Accrual: Newly appointed employees or employees reappointed after a break in service may be eligible to receive credit towards annual leave accrual based on prior work experience. FNCS may grant service credit for non-Federal work experience or active duty uniformed service prior to the effective date of the employees entry on duty.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds transfer.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Successfully complete a background investigation
- Complete a Declaration of Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Organizational Awareness
We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates need to meet minimum qualification requirements to be referred.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://fns.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=4D1E3011-01B7-48D0-9A37-A96200C16248 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No