Occasional travel - Travel may be required occasionally.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES politcal appointee
- Serve a two year trial period, if required.
- This position may entail travel nationwide.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
TheGS-13 salary range starts at $96,970.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must possess all of the following:
- Successful completion of a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association and possession of at least a professional law degree (J.D., LL.M., or, S.J.D.); AND
- Bar Membership: You must be an active member of the Bar and in good standing in a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; AND
- Experience: You must have at least 3 years of experience of professional legal experience in/with: the review and research of statutes, regulations, and case law pertaining to all aspects of personnel, labor relations and EEOC matters; and effectively transmitting the results to that research orally and in writing. Experience must also include broad technical knowledge in the successful solution of unusual and complex problems or the ability to plan, direct, or coordinate a legal problem.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htm
Bargaining Unit: Not Applicable
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service. It is excluded from provisions of the career transition assistance program.
Before being hired, you will be required to sign and certify the accuracy of the information in your application if you have not done this. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subjected to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position through other means, or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be rated according to qualifications, general experience, specialized experience, demonstrated ability and willingness to meet requirements of position, and demonstrated interest in the practice area. Eligible candidates are evaluated on their resume to access their overall possession of the competencies/knowledges, skills, and ablilities listed below.
- Knowledge relating to Government personnel actions and EEO complaints
Knowledge of Federal Personnel, EEO and labor laws.
- Skill in applying legal theories to factual issues
Knowledge and skill in alternative dispute resolution.4a. Knowledge in legal research
We will verify your resume supports/possesses the above competencies/knowledges, skills, and abilities listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No