Community Health Educator
Bachelor's Level Degree
Required: Related - 2 years
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Active Listening, Communication, Instructing, Microsoft Office, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Writing
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section belowSentara Martha Jefferson Hospital is hiring a full time Community Health Educator.
- Approximately 36 hours per week
- Hours are split between Sentara Starr Hill Health Center and Commmunity Health.
Recently named a Top 15 Health System for 2018 by IBM Watson Health, Sentara is one of the most progressive and integrated healthcare organizations in the country. We are dedicated to providing leading medical experts, outstanding support teams, advanced technology and continuous innovation to meet our mission of improving health every day of the patients we serve.
As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit:
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
2 years of community education related experience required.