Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
George Mason University Auxiliary Enterprises is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and ambitious individual to join the team as an Office Manager. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Office Manager provides the highest level of service and customer satisfaction while effectively managing the office and student staff. The Office Manager must provide exceptional support to the departmentâ€™s Associate Vice President, as well as departmental Directors, Managers, and support staff.
- Provides full administrative support for the Associate Vice President, Directors, and support staff in Auxiliary Enterprises;
- Manages the calendars of professional staff in the office and schedules and maintains on-going and/or ad hoc meetings and appointments;
- Ensures all agendas and supporting documentation are prepared for each days appointments;
- Confirms attendance at meetings as required, arranges meetings, coordinates space, equipment, catering, and room setup according to program requirements;
- Arranges travel for out of town meetings and conferences, as necessary;
- Represents the department and respond to university faculty, staff, administration, students, parents, state officials, media, and/or the general public regarding requests for information, complaints and problems, etc.;
- Assists customers with vending issues or refunds and ensure that front desk student staff can do the same;
- Screens all incoming mail and takes action or redirects it to the appropriate university office for response; and
- Manages wage office support staff and maintains their schedule for officer coverage.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office Suite experience;
- Demonstrated significant office management experience;
- Collaborates and works well with diverse individuals with differing needs;
- Effective interpersonal communication ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to prioritize work and willingness to be flexible.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education; and
- Demonstrated experience processing payments.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :