Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
As part of a set of institutional commitments to transformative, accessible, high-impact learning, George Mason Universitys Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning invites applications for an Educational Developer. This position will support the development, implementation, and assessment of programs for faculty especially as they design innovative learning opportunities for students. This position will work with our faculty community to support teaching in active-learning classrooms, with hybrid curriculum formats, and through project- and team-based environments across the curriculum. This position will also support the ongoing activities and mission of the Stearns Center. The position will report to the Director for Teaching Excellence within the Stearns Center.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academically and culturally inclusive environment.
- In partnership with the Stearns Center team, develop, implement, and assess programs to enhance faculty participation in innovative, high-impact teaching opportunities (e.g., in active learning classrooms serving 20-120 students, in courses using hybrid/blended learning environments, in courses with community or multi-local settings, in courses with project-based or cross-disciplinary curricula).
- Provide high-impact teaching enhancement for ongoing Stearns Center initiatives (e.g., Innovations in Teaching and Learning Conference, faculty learning communities, course consultations, curriculum redesign academies and workshops).
- Provide general expertise for teaching, curricular development, and/or Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) in faculty collaborations and consultations, both individual and departmental.
- Develop and share resources to improve high-impact, innovative teaching and learning.
- A Ph.D., field of study is open;
- Significant demonstrated college-level teaching experience;
- Demonstrated success working with faculty on teaching and learning approaches;
- Knowledge and understanding of current professional development approaches around the development, implementation, and assessment of active and/or hybrid learning environments;
- A strong commitment to educational excellence and new ideas and approaches for strengthening teaching and student learning;
- A record of teaching excellence as an instructional faculty member, especially with respect to utilizing active-learning strategies;
- Demonstrated expertise in promoting teaching effectiveness and inclusive practices in undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Knowledge and understanding of current educational practices in faculty and graduate student development, teaching, and assessment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain collaborative and confidential relationships; and
- Demonstrated success with project and/or events management.
We seek candidates who are flexible, well-organized, inquisitive, resourceful, detail-oriented, creative, ethical, and able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in order to thrive in our busy, diverse, and collaborative environment.
Preferred qualifications: Candidates who have had experience planning, implementing, or leading extended faculty development programming; teaching in active learning and/or hybrid environments; conducting Scholarship of Teaching and Learning research; supporting efforts to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into curricular and co-curricular initiatives; and/or facilitating inquiry-based learning will be particularly competitive for this position.
George Mason University values campus diversity and demonstrates this in campus initiatives; we particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; please complete the online application and attach a cover letter; current CV; statement of your teaching philosophy; and list of at least three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :