Temporary Assistant to the Principal
TITLE: Temporary Assistant to the Principal
REPORTS TO: Principal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Perform the duties of assistant to the Principal as needed;
- Provide role modeling that demonstrates professional demeanor and personal appearance
- Provide a safe and healthy environment;
- Complete tasks assigned in a timely manner;
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom;
- Attend staff meetings and in-service programs as scheduled by the school;
- Adhere to the ethical standards as outlined in the SEED PS Staff Handbook;
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED PCS Staff Manual
- Oversees day-to-day office workload for the purpose of ensuring the completion of activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains calendars and manages appointments for the Principal for the purpose of ensuring structured and efficient completion of meetings and tasks.
- Reconciles account balances for assigned budget categories (e.g., fundraisers, donations, requisitions) for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g., budget reports, timesheets, specialized reports, etc.) for the purpose of processing data in compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g., student registration data, student health forms, master calendar, budget data, employee records, financial records, reports) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Prepares a wide variety of reports, documents and correspondence of a confidential and non-confidential nature (e.g., letters, bulletins, memorandums, charts, operational procedures, manuals) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Coordinates a variety of projects, functions and/or program components (e.g., facility usage, guest teachers, meetings, in-service events, travel and accommodations) for the purpose of completing activities and/or delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Procures supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g., staff, parents, students, public agencies) for the purpose of providing information or direction and/or facilitating communication among parties.
- Coordinates daily substitute activities for the purpose of ensuring that staff absences are covered in a timely manner and that student safety and educational needs are met.
- Operates and troubleshoots issues that arise with office equipment for the purpose of ensuring equipment is maintained and in proper working condition.
- Maintain confidentiality of all related data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- There will be regular check-ins as established by the Principal to ensure completion of tasks and monitor progress towards established professional goals.
- High School diploma or GED
- College Matriculation/Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- At least 3 to 5 years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Excellent organizational skills and computer proficiency
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job and is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties or skills may be required.