Associate Director for Financial Management/CFO
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
As a basic requirement for entry into the SES, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and Technical/Professional Qualifications (TPQs) listed below. Typically, experience of this nature will have been gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the federal service or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or non-governmental organizations.
Candidates must meet all of the following qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement, including general management skills and characteristics applicable to all SES positions AND technical or program responsibilities specific to this position.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Guidance on Addressing the ECQs and TPQs: Use your overall set of professional and volunteer experiences, education and training, accomplishments, awards and potential in describing your ECQ's and TPQ's. Be clear and concise, using examples that demonstrate the scope and quality of your experiences, accomplishments, and/or potential relevant to each ECQ and TPQ.
IMPORTANT: When addressing the ECQs, describe your responses using Challenge, Context, Action and Results (C-C-A-R). Identify what the challenge was, the context or environment you were operating in/under, the specific actions you took and what the results of those actions were. For further information and tips on writing effective narrative statements, see OPM's publication 'A Guide to SES Qualifications' available on the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) website at: www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/ecq.asp. Responses to ECQs must not exceed 10 pages. Narrative statements may NOT exceed 2 pages for each individual ECQ. IF YOU EXCEED THESE LIMITS YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please be advised that the individual selected for this position will likely require certification by a Qualifications Review Board conducted by OPM, prior to receiving the SES appointment. If you are already certified by OPM's QRB, submit proof such as a copy of the certification or an SF-50 showing SES Career Status.
Each of the following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation. The essay competencies address the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's). Your responses are required for each of these ECQ's, Current and former SES members and graduates of approved Candidate Development Programs do not need to submit ECQ narratives but you must clearly state your status in your resume. However, ALL CANDIDATES must submit narrative responses for the Technical Qualifications listed below.
- ECQ 1: LEADING CHANGE - This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- ECQ 2: LEADING PEOPLE - This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- ECQ 3: RESULTS DRIVEN - This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- ECQ 4: BUSINESS ACUMEN - This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- ECQ 5: BUILDING COALITIONS - This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (TQs): All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQs. Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. Narrative statements may NOT exceed 2 pages for each individual TQ. IF YOU EXCEED THESE LIMITS YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- TPQ 1. Leads by example with only the highest level of integrity combined with organizational vision and excellent communication skills to oversee the development of and clearly present the most complex budget and policy issues, and financial plans using predictive analysis to senior staff and policy officials and negotiate resolution of these issues, often under extreme time pressures.
- TPQ 2. Authoritative knowledge of and demonstrated experience with financial management authorities and regulations, and program policy development, to include budget development, cycles and execution; accounting and finance operations; internal controls and enterprise risk management; multi-year contracting and procurement, and facilities management.
- TPQ 3. Senior level experience in the review and/or development and use of complex economic models to make budget projections, produce cost estimates and/or analyze the relationship between economic and budget variables in direct support of the organizational vision.
- TPQ 4. Knowledge of acquisition/contracting policies and procedures and ability to organize and direct exercise of contracting authority in support of large, multi-site, geographically dispersed complex organization.
Education Requirements: The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a Non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Travel may be required.
- Veterans Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service: http://www.usajobs.gov, 5 USC 2108(3)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period for initial SES appointment may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your Application includes your:
- Responses to each Executive Core Qualification and Technical Professional Qualification (Upload the documents), AND
- Any supporting documents for non competitive consideration.
Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible
Rating: A panel of Senior Executives will review your application and evaluate your qualifications for this position based on the information in your application. Interviews will be at the discretion of the panel and/or selecting official. Your application will be rated, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes