Associate Administrator, OFAM
7 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The executive serves as the Agency's liaison with the Office of Inspector General for issues related to grants, manages and maintains the Agency's hotline for reporting fraudulent fiscal activities and establishes and maintains a risk assessment model for grantee oversight.
The executive oversees the grants management process to ensure that all required business management actions are performed by the grantee and HRSA staff in a timely manner, both prior to and after the award of the grant.
The executive manages the independent review process for competitive HRSA grant and cooperative agreement applications, ensuring that the review is fair, consistent and in accordance with Departmental policies.
Is responsible for the effective management of resources through subordinate staff and makes decisions and/or recommendations which materially influence ultimate decisions in all areas of operations including manpower, fiscal, logistics and other resources required to carry out assigned functions in an effective manner.
THESE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE: 10/26/2018
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
All competitive candidates for SES positions with the Federal Government must demonstrate leadership experience indicative of senior executive level management capability. To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the Fundamental Competencies, five Executive Core Qualifications, and the Mandatory Technical Qualifications listed below. Evidence of this experience must be incorporated into your five page resume. Separate narratives for the Executive Core Qualifications and Mandatory Technical Qualifications will not be accepted or considered.
Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Written Communication, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
It is STRONGLY recommended that you visit the following Office of Personnel Management (OPM) webpage for more information regarding the Fundamental Competencies and ECQs. SES Core Qualifications Overview
If selected, you will be required to complete an ECQ package by drafting narratives for each of the ECQs for submission and certification by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB) in order to be placed in this position. If you are currently serving in a career SES appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES, or have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), you will not need to draft the ECQs.
Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs)
This position also requires that you possess MTQs that represent knowledge, skills, and abilities essential for success in this role. The following MTQs must be evident in your resume.
- Demonstrated executive experience maximizing communication, collaboration, and consensus building with high level officials in Federal, State, local and private sector constituent organizations; including outside agencies and auditors, the Office of the Inspector General, OMB and Congressional staff to support Federal assistance/grants management programs, policy development, or policy implementation to meet strategic goals or outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience developing policy, ensuring performance/accountability, and enhancing the customer service experience for a diverse group of programs and organizations.
- Demonstrated executive experience formulating organization-wide strategic direction for Federal assistance and grant programs.
- Demonstrated executive experience in leading large and complex Federal assistance and grants management programs and activities, which includes developing Federal assistance and grants management policies, managing audits and corrective action plans and understanding major complex financial assistance and grants management systems.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact either HRSA's Office of Human Resources at (301) 443-3780 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or HRSA's Reasonable Accommodation programs at (301) 443-2538 or by email: RA-Request@hrsa.gov. You must contact the Reasonable Accommodations Program prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM EST (except Federal holidays).
Click here for information on "Federal hiring for individuals with disabilities".
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: HRSA participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Creditable Service: A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for annual leave for prior work experience directly related to the duties of the position being filled. The use of this service credit is at the discretion of the selecting official and must be finalized prior to selectee's entrance on duty. For more information, please click here.
- Financial Disclosure: This position requires you to file a public or confidential financial disclosure report prior to receiving a final offer letter as well as within 30 days of your appointment. This will require you to report information such as recent sources of income, financial interests you hold, and outside activities you participate in, as well as similar information from a spouse or any dependent children. If you have questions, please contact your HRSA Ethics Advisor at AskHR@hrsa.gov.HRSA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. Telework eligibility may be discussed during the interview process.
HHS inspires public confidence by maintaining high ethical principles, and all Federal Government employees are subject to the conflict of interest statutes and regulations, including the Standards of Ethical Conduct, that govern activities with outside organizations and reporting financial holdings. The Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521 also requires the applicant selected for this position to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-278, prior to assuming the SES position, annually, and upon termination of employment. Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
- Minimum requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found 'not qualified' if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
- Rating: A panel of Senior Executives will review your application and evaluate your qualification for this position based on the information in your application. Your application will be rated, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of this position. Interviews will be at the discretion of the panel and/or selection official.
- Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selection official for consideration and possible interview.
Veteran's Preference does not apply to the SES.
Equality is held as one of the most important values at HHS. Selection for this, and any other position, will be based solely on merit. HHS does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factors. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No