Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Assistant Director, Military and Veterans Advising (MVA) for the Office of Enrollment Management. The Assistant Director will supervise a team of advisors who provide a world-class customer service experience with each and every student interaction, from initial contact to graduation. The Assistant Director will ensure the needs of students are met, while creating an environment that supports employee accountability through coaching and monitoring on a continuous basis. Feedback will be provided in order to promote employee performance and maintain quality assurance standards and expectations set by the Office of Enrollment Management.
* Some evenings and weekends will be required. Shift is determined by business needs *
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coach, monitor and evaluate employee productivity and performance through various channels, including observations in employee's environment as it pertains to customer service and enrollment efforts. Evaluations are based on the requirements and expectations set for quality assurance.
- Develop and implement outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing student enrollment within a fast- paced, high-volume student contact center environment.
- Develop, implement, and monitor outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing new and returning student enrollment while improving the overall student experience.
- Create, maintain, and evaluate statistics to ensure enrollment goals are achieved while using various reporting tools available.
- Collaborate with Director and make recommendations for individual and team training needs, opportunities, and business process improvement.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from and accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) or more years of successful management experience within an enrollment management capacity in higher education.
- Strong organizational communication, and interpersonal skills and outstanding customer service, sales and closing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics.
- Thrive in a consultative role.
- Ability to manage people and motivate others.
- Ability to develop and implement outreach activities with the ultimate goal of increasing student enrollment within a fast-paced, high volume student contract center environment.
- Ability to provide demonstrated proof of their ability and utilize data in order to strategically plan for desired outcomes.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MA/MS degree; management experience within a recruitment, retention, or student service capacity in higher education; previous supervisory experience in a call center environment with the ability to lead and motivate.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.