Director, International Admissions
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Mid to upper-$70,000s; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Director, International Admissions
The George Mason University Office of Admissions is seeking a dynamic, motivated and innovative Director of International Admissions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Office of Admissions is looking for a visionary leader with great entrepreneurial, strategic, and analytic skills, possessing finesse as a manager and collaborator. This position reports to the Dean of Admissions, and plays a significant role in a team-oriented leadership approach to the universitys mission and ambitious goals.
The Director of International Admissions manages a team of three international admissions professionals, in addition to occasional student or non-student wage personnel, in order to successfully recruit and enroll international students to Mason. The Directors team covers all of the international markets that Mason serves, and the Director will lead new initiatives to yield international students as per Masons explicit goal to grow its international population. The Director is a strategic partner with Mason Korea, collaborating with them on their enrollment strategies and goals. They also partner with INTO Mason on recruitment and marketing initiatives and work with the Operations Director on INTO Mason enrollment processing. The Director manages the admissions process for all partnerships.
- Responsible for the recruitment, admission and enrollment of new international students;
- Provides leadership in the achievement of enrollment targets; and is responsible for international admissions policies, processes and practices;
- Tracks enrollment trends and communicates them in a timely, efficient and accurate manner to various stakeholders;
- Analyzes enrollment trends to develop and execute effective recruitment strategies;
- Partner with INTO Mason and Mason Korea to meet international recruitment goals;
- Review and process international applications, including credential evaluations, and make admissions decisions;
- Strategize and plan effective international travel for their team and will participate in international travel as needed;
- Represent Mason at professional conferences domestically;
- Manages the daily operations of international admissions, implementing and administering initiatives designed to target, recruit, admit and enroll international students such as: communication campaigns, application review, technology systems, accurate and thorough reports, budget management and cross-campus collaborations;
- Research and execute new outreach strategies to maximize Masons presence in the international market;
- Provides exemplary leadership in an environment that is fast-paced with high expectations;
- Build, train and mentor the International Admissions team who serve the needs of international students at Mason;
- Exhibit a genuine, professional and positive impression of the university;
- Works with the Admissions leadership team to help execute the universitys goals; and
- Work collaboratively with all areas of Enrollment Management, as well as various stakeholders across the University.
- Masters degree, or bachelors degree with substantial relevant experience;
- Progressive experience in college/university admissions (five to eight years strongly desired);
- Substantial experience managing a team of professional employees within the past 5 years;
- Extensive experience working with international students (five years strongly desired);
- A thorough understanding of the new student recruitment process for an international student audience;
- Knowledge of international education systems, international documents and credential evaluation;
- Ability to interpret enrollment research and make relevant application to strategic planning;
- Demonstrated understanding of admissions technical systems;
- Experience managing a complex budget;
- Experience working in a results driven environment;
- Demonstrated experience of student focused decision making;
- Superior interpersonal, cross-cultural communications and public speaking skills;
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong problem-solving skills including strong analytical and decision-making skills;
- Ability to prioritize, while remaining flexible;
- Comfortable handling sensitive and/or confidential information and situations;
- Availability for weekend and evening work;
- Willing to perform occasional travel as needed; and
- Eligible to obtain a passport.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner and/or Salesforce;
- Experience living and working abroad;
- Professional engagement beyond the institutional setting; and
- Demonstrated experience with change management.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA865z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :