- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Assistant, STEM Outreach Program Volgenau School of Engineering
The George Mason University STEM Outreach Program, within Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE), is seeking a part-time hourly non-student wage for an Administrative Assistant position. The maximum authorized hours of work for this position will range between 10 and 15 hours per week. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Prepare contracts for Pre-college and summer camp instructors;
- Reserve room space for meetings and class offerings;
- Maintain risk management forms and student records;
- Answer phone inquiries about our programs and maintain STEM email account;
- Maintain VSE STEM social media accounts and help populate the monthly newsletter for families;
- Assist with coordination of youth conferences (room reservations, agenda preparation);
- Post job opening opportunities for Pre-college and summer teaching;
- Maintain volunteer list and conduct volunteer orientation in advance of conferences;
- Order office supplies; and
- Assist in updating the STEM website with current conferences, camp information, etc. Note: training will be provided to complete expected responsibilities.
- Prior work experience aligned with the administrative and fiscal responsibilities of a support position in a university setting;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to manage and complete projects and requests a timely manner;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of faculty, students, and parents. Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Flexibility in responding to new projects and assignments as they arise;
- Familiarity with university systems (i.e. Banner, catering, events production, 25live, parking services);
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to navigate the Internet.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete the online job application at https://jobs.gmu.edu for position WGA746, and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :