Modeling and Simulations Specialist
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Modeling and Simulation Specialist, Volgenau School of Engineering
The George Mason University Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE) seeks a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) specialist. This position will support an OSD research project that focuses on modeling and simulating networking architectures for air, ground, space, and surface platforms. The position is a part-time, hourly, non-student wage position. The position may require travel within the United States to support program objectives. The position can be performed from off campus with permission from the Principal Investigator.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Provide hands-on M&S programming services using STK, OPNET, Magic Draw, EMANE, and other M&S tools;
- Identify and coordinate M&S requirements from various subcontractors related to air, ground, and surface networking architectures;
- Assist the Principle Investigator to use M&S to assess network link connectivity, availability, accessibility, and reliability using M&S tools. Required Qualifications:
- United States citizen capable of attaining a United States Secret clearance;
- Significant experience with M&S tools. Specifically, STK and Magic Draw;
- Strong MS Office skills. Word, Excel, PPT, etc;
- Proficient skill in oral and written communication to ensure high quality presentations and reports. Preferred Qualifications:
- United States citizen with Secret clearance;
- Previous military experience;
- BS Engineering Degree or equivalent.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application at https://jobs.gmu.edu for position WGD480 and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. The review of applications will start immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :