Microsoft Project Scheduler
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Microsoft Project Scheduler, Volgenau School of Engineering
The George Mason University Volgenau School of Engineering (VSE) seeks a highly motivated individual with substantial experience in using Microsoft (MS) Project. This position will support an OSD research project that focuses on RF networking architectures for air, ground, space, and surface platform communications.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Using Microsoft Project, document specified project requirements and objectives, tasks, anticipated and realized costs, schedule and status, to include critical/gating events;
- Produce program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS);
- Track progress and develop custom reports;
- Track input from Mason team members, systems integrators and other subcontractors to document and manage project milestones and objectives to include cost, schedule, and outcomes;
- Document identified project risks, mitigations, and outcomes based on input from Mason team;
- Routinely monitor and provide awareness of schedule / milestones / deliverables for all project phases.
- United States citizen capable of attaining a United States Secret clearance;
- Significant related experience that includes project management and tacking using Microsoft Project;
- Strong MS Office skills. Word, Excel, PPT, etc.;
- Proficient oral and written communications skills to ensure high quality presentations and reports;
- Ability to work in a cross discipline, integrated product team environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- United States citizen with Secret clearance;
- Previous military experience is highly desirable due to extensive industry specific language;
- Significant related experience that includes project management and tacking using Microsoft Project.
The position is a part-time, hourly wage position totaling approximately 15 hours per week. The position may require travel within the United States to support program objectives. Some hours toward this effort can be performed from off campus with approval from the Principal Investigator. This part-time position will report directly to the Principal Investigator, Research Professor Bill Roeting. Salary contingent upon qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is expected to be October 1, 2018; or as soon as possible thereafter.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must complete and submit the online application at https://jobs.gmu.edu for position WGD480 and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. The review of applications will start immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :