The Northern Virginia Transportation Commission seeks a resourceful and detail oriented professional to manage and oversee Federal Transit Administration (FTA), state and regional grants.
The position is responsible for managing and overseeing subrecipient FTA awards to NVTC member jurisdictions, reviewing and approving documentation for FTA, state, regional and NVTC toll revenue program reimbursements, and monitoring compliance with FTA and NVTC toll revenue requirements.
- Manage FTA awards to NVTC member jurisdictions with NVTC as designated recipient and grantee.
- Review and approve documentation submitted by subrecipient NVTC jurisdictions for FTA drawdown.
- Develop and maintain subrecipient compliance monitoring program.
- Assist in maintaining policies and procedures related to FTA grants.
- Serve as NVTC’s DBE compliance officer.
- Monitor federal circulars for FTA regulations and opportunities impacting NVTC or its member jurisdictions.
- NVTC point of contact for federal grants and requirements.
- Review and approve toll revenue funded reimbursement requests.
- Monitor compliance of toll revenue funded projects with the Standard Project Agreement and state requirements.
- Review and approve state grant invoice documentation from NVTC member jurisdictions and VRE.
- Prepare, review and / or assist in the application of state, regional and federal assistance.
- Participate in state, federal and regional project reviews.
- Maintain boiler plate procurement documents.
- Assist NVTC staff with procurements processes.
- Develop and / or assist NVTC staff with the development of RFPs for NVTC projects.
- Manage contracts not assigned to other staff.
The ideal candidate is a detail oriented individual with experience in federal and state grants, possesses a working knowledge of FTA compliance requirements, and has the ability to communicate effectively with federal, state and local transportation and finance professionals.
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance, and at least three years of relevant experience is required. Knowledge of state and federal procurement regulations, DBE, Title VI, and contract management experience is desired.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for the position is negotiable, and is dependent upon the candidate’s relevant work experience and qualifications. Outstanding benefits are provided, including health, dental, life and disability insurance; employer provided retirement contributions; pre-tax dependent care and medical cafeteria plan; family leave; free parking or tax-free transit benefits. NVTC also offers professional development and training opportunities for its staff.
NVTC has a full-time staff of approximately 15 individuals, with its transit accessible office located in the Court House area of Arlington Virginia.
Founded in 1964, in part to represent the interests of the Commonwealth during the establishment of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Agency (WMATA), NVTC is charged with the funding and stewardship of WMATA and the Virginia Railway Express (VRE), which it co-owns. NVTC is the recipient of a regional gas tax dedicated for WMATA, the grantee and agent for state transit assistance for its members’ local systems and share of WMATA, and a designated recipient for FTA funds. NVTC is also the recipient of toll revenues, and manages the I-66 multimodal program. In addition, NVTC manages various projects and studies, and serves as a regional forum for discussion and analysis of transit issues that are critically important to our economy and quality of life.
NVTC member jurisdictions include the counties of Arlington, Fairfax and Loudoun, and the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax and Falls Church.
NVTC staff are expected to maintain a 40-hour work week, with some flexibility in work schedules based on NVTC policy. Teleworking arrangements may be available.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis. Interviews will be scheduled with those candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. The application process will close when the position has been filled or when a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
How to Apply
The position will remain open until filled. NVTC is an equal opportunity employer. Please provide a resume with salary history, and a letter describing your qualifications, interest in the position, specifically describe relevant qualifications, and salary requirements. Applications should be submitted via email to:
Applications may also be mailed to:
Northern Virginia Transportation Commission
Attn: Colethia Quarles
2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 620
Arlington, VA 22201
Apply for GRANTS MANAGER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly