Location: Tysons Corner, Virginia, Zip code: 22182
Staff accountant to be in charge of all financial and accounting tasks Manage various HR functions Payroll processing and reports, research and process off cycle and exception items, communicate with employees and vendors Maintain all financial documents, help in tax preparation and filing Knowledge of Accounting software such as QUICK BOOKS Good Understanding of financial processes like Invoicing, AP, AR, Collection, vendor payments etc. MUST be very proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook & Internet. Good in chasing client payments and time sheets from candidates/consultants. Must be meticulous and have excellent Office skills (filing, copying, faxing, scanning) Must have excellent Attention to Detail, Verify data accuracy and assist with error resolution. Run reports and post payroll; maintain payroll files. Perform Ad-hoc reporting Partner with the HR team to ensure coordination of payroll information between HR and Payroll Review and utilize existing payroll processes and policies to create a more efficient payroll process Ability to work independently and multi task in a fast paced environment, Have enthusiasm in meeting targets which are assigned. Have experience working directly with Vendor and Hiring Managers. COMPETENCIES:
• Strong communication skills (face to face, written, verbal)
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to review, interpret and report on various statistical data
• Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making
• Ability to maintain high ethical standards
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proficiency in Quick Books, MS Excel, Outlook, Word and web-based applications.
• Teamwork and morale building.
• Ability to switch between tasks, assignments and multiple entities easily and effortlessly.
• 1 to 3 years of accounts and payroll experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Must be self-directed and be able to manage competing priorities
• Must be professional, well spoken, and able to interact with customers at all levels.
• Requires good oral and written presentation skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills, organizational skills, and task management for self and superiors