Personnel Psychologist, NB-180-V
25% or less - Travel overnight or locally.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be paid in accordance with OCC's relocation policy. Free real estate information on job locations is available by calling OCC’s relocation management firm at 1-877-237-5068.
- Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
- Successfully complete a background investigation that includes criminal history, financial history (including a credit check) and other information.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Degree: Major or equivalent in psychology for all specializations except clinical and counseling psychology, successful completion of a full four (4) year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelors or higher degree in psychology.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level in the Federal service. To qualify for the NB-V level, you must have specialized experience equivalent to the next lower level, NB-IV or GS-9. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Experience developing measurement concepts and tools, such as written tests, analytical tests, etc., to evaluate performance for the purpose of recruitment, selection or training of individual candidates. And
- Experience conducting personnel psychology studies addressing initiatives, such as competency gaps, recruitment, performance management, etc., to address organizational issues.
You may substitute education for experience as follows: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree that is related to psychology.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Have a combination of graduate level education and specialized experience equivalent to the NB-IV level in which the percentage of specialized experience and education totals 100%.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Please see Qualifications section for education.
- Salary range includes 20% geographical pay.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
- Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Technical Knowledge
- Planning and Evaluating
- Written Communication
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories (Outstanding, Excellent, or Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions regarding your experience, education and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference eligibles in that category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus federal employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must be rated as well-qualified to receive special selection priority. “Well-qualified” means that in addition to meeting the minimum qualification requirements and selective placement factor(s), if applicable, you must be assigned to the Outstanding or Excellent category.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No