Administrative Office Specialist III
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Associate, ISOM
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized, and detail-oriented Administrative Associate to support Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM) Area faculty. This is a full-time, classified staff position with full benefits. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Administrative Associate position has responsibilities in the following areas: Support for Area Chair which includes:
- Preparing and tracking all financial requests;
- Reconcile Deanâ€™s Office financial reports with Area records;
- Prepare budget expenses for faculty members;
- Update Area Chair of any area, school and university events and activities;
- Advises Area Chair on suggested organization improvements for the area; and
- Assists Area Chair with coordinating activities with adjunct faculty. Administrative Support for Area Faculty Members which includes:
- Providing document preparation;
- Processing copy and printing requests;
- Ordering text books;
- Process supplies and other orders through the eVA procurement system;
- Coordinate office/work station setup;
- Prepare travel authorizations and reimbursements;
- Ensure all mail, packages and faxes are delivered to recipients; and
- Coordinate monthly Area faculty meetings. Customer Service and Support for Area Constituents:
- Assist students and external parties in making the proper connections;
- Works with appropriate Deanâ€™s Office staff on financial, personnel, and other administrative matters such as travel, eVA orders, Sedona, recruitment, information technology support, check requests, mileage reimbursements, and food and beverage requests;
- Manage calendar of Area events;
- Remain current on all School of Business and university policies;
- Update Area Web site content;
- Attend trainings on essential job-related functions and systems as specified in the employee developmental plan; and
- Assists with the training of new Area support staff as requested by the School of Business Deanâ€™s Office. Events Support and Special Project Work:
- Administratively support school-wide events and program initiatives as assigned; and
- Execute school-wide special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications of Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues.
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with eVA;
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking, and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00967z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :