Education Support Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Starting salary is $47,476
Web Announcement :
Study Abroad Enrollment System Specialist & Program Administrator
George Mason University Mason Study Abroad invites applications for a Study Abroad Enrollment System Specialist and Program Administrator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for development and maintenance of the MasonAbroad (TerraDotta) customer management system. The position will also have a study abroad program management portfolio to be determined based on the candidates expertise.
Management of MasonAbroad:
- Oversight for the systemâ€™s implementation and maintenance;
- Processing mapping and revisions;
- Training for users;
- Development of new functionality;
- Data collection and reporting;
- Communication to users and troubleshooting issues;
- Development and maintenance of specialized processes for health and safety and registration activities.
Administration of Programs:
- Managing student applications to programs;
- Communication with students, faculty, departments and administrative units on campus (such as the Registrar and Financial Aid);
- Liaising with educational institutions abroad, travel vendors, and international organizations;
- Advising students;
- Promoting and marketing international programs;
- Creating, maintaining and publishing program material;
- Maintaining relationships with faculty and academic units;
- Raising the profile of study abroad on- and off-campus; and
- Giving procedural guidance/training to university constituents on study abroad practices.
- B.S. or B.A., or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Extensive experience with TerraDotta software;
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Demonstrated administrative or project management skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent analytical, and time management skills; and
- Substantial professional work experience required.
- Masterâ€™s degree in international studies, international affairs, education, business, economics, politics, foreign language, or a related field;
- Administrative experience in an institute of higher education;
- Knowledge of experiential education, field studies, and marketing;
- Experience with student advisement;
- Knowledge of international study abroad program administration;
- Knowledge of different educational systems throughout the world and international experience;
- Cross-cultural skills and an ability to work with people of different cultures; and
- Experience supervising staff.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02001z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :