The Staff Accountant supports workplace giving, funds and fiscal sponsor and fiscal agent cash receipts, ensures proper tracking of cash receipts throughout all systems.
- Codes, monitors, and reconciles of daily cash receipts for workplace giving campaigns.
- Enter all contributions for funds and fiscal sponsor clients.
- Works with charity alliance portal.
- Supports Director of Campaign Finance and Controller on amounts due from clients and special projects.
- Identifies process improvements as needed to improve efficiency.
- Prepares donor reporting for funds and fiscal sponsor clients and responds to client inquiries.
- Sends donor acknowledgements and tax receipts and maintains records.
- Reconcile and monitors related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Provides year-end audit support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., advanced data, formulas)
- Experience with ANDAR software is a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others within and across functions at all levels of the company.
- Excellent customer service skills.