Senior Accountant- Partner Solutions
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for collecting, reconciling and summarizing accounting information, entering data into different accounting software, and generating financial reports. The Senior Accountant acts as the primary contact for the Partner Solutions team and their clients. The work of the Senior Accountant is performed in the Global Impact office but can involve travel to client sites.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing processes including creating monthly financial statements and budget variance reports
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner and triages issues as they arise.
- Maintains general ledger for client related entries including:
- Prepares reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts, as needed.
- Prepares day-to-day and month end close entries.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations within each assigned client. Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures, established by the client.
- Leads the engagement team in preparation for a client’s audit.
- Assists external auditors at year-end with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Assist in preparation of our clients’ 990 and audited financial statements.
- Recommend, design, and implement any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Disburses client requests to other Finance team members as needed to manage deadlines.
- Serve as main point of contact for client financial needs and provide project management support for special client needs.
- Supervises Client Services accountant/s.
- Provides analytical support to Controller and Chief Financial Services and Business Officer for special client projects (e.g. budget projections, grant proposals, etc.)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related education.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- 6 - 8 years of Accounting experience, preferably in Public Accounting or at a Non-Profit organization.
- Minimum of 3 years in a client-oriented environment.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient with various accounting software programs including but not limited to Andar, Management Reporter, and Great Plains.
- An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).