Global Programs Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : $47,000-$49,000
Web Announcement :
Global Programs Coordinator
The George Mason University Office of International Programs & Services is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate for the Global Programs Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Duties: In conjunction with the Associate Director for Internationalization and Outreach, the incumbent will:
- Work with the Associate Director on strategic planning for co-curriculum related to global learning and cross cultural engagement, aligning the strategy to divisional strategic goals and the Patriot Experience;
- Develop student learning objectives for programs and activities; plan the annual program calendar and manage the execution of events;
- Collaborate with OIPS leadership in the evaluation and assessment of OIPS programs, ensuring that specific goals and student learning outcomes are achieved;
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for programs, including management of all social media accounts and outreach
- Assist with orientation and arrival services for new international students;
- Co-organize International Education Week (Fall) and International Week (Spring) events;
- Work with the Associate Director to coordinate and incentivize office volunteers;
- Serve on UL and university-wide committees to advocate for international students and students from multicultural backgrounds;
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Associate Directors to ensure that online information and communication is correct, timely, and meets appropriate publication standards;
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
The position requires occasional evening and weekend hours during student arrival seasons, after-hours programs, and student committee meetings. For some events, the Global Programs Coordinator will need access to a car to purchase food items from local international grocery stores. During set-up and break-down of events, some manual work such as safely and independently moving tables and/or boxes and using a cart to move supplies will be required.
- A masters degree in student personnel, counseling, global studies, or another field related to the responsibilities of the position;
- At least one year of full-time professional experience in program development and budget planning;
- Knowledge of program initiatives to engage and connect US and international students
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong writing ability, presentation skills, and the ability to communicate effectively to non-native speakers of English;
- The ability to relate well to individuals from diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds. Preferred Qualifications:
- Two or more years of full-time programming experience, with a diverse student body on a large college campus;
- At least one year of professional experience working with international or multicultural students;
- Strong social media and marketing experience;
- A collaborative approach in working with stakeholders;
- Experience recruiting and overseeing volunteers;
- Familiarity with cross-cultural communication and adjustment;
- Familiarity with the metro DC area including knowledge of program opportunities and resources;
- Knowledge of WordPress and experience in web site management;
- Experience living, studying or traveling abroad.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-10-24