(Senior) Manager, Customer Engagement (1198-679)
Manager/Sr. Manager, Customer Engagement is an individual contributor position on the Customer Engagement Team that supports the Excipient (EXC) Program Unit. The position is responsible for driving adoption of all agreed upon EXC product and service goals for given business plan periods (i.e. fiscal, quarterly and / or monthly targets which may be set in terms of revenue and / or based upon other metrics such as “# of accounts / new customer set ups, programs, conference attendance, number of donations, etc). In addition, the position will be responsible for the on-going collection, monitoring, and reporting of customer feedback on the USP brand including industry trends for all aspects of the EXC portfolio.Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops a deep understanding of the product and service offerings in the EXC unit and help lead the development of future offerings with a combined focus on both the business and public health impact according to the customer needs and USP core strengths.
- Attends conferences to facilitate standards acquisition process, as needed. Promotes the products and service offerings to new customers/partners as well as nurture and grow sales with existing customers. Develop new accounts in stated time-frames to ensure long term success of the business. Monitors customer and industry satisfaction for the products and services offered.
- Work collaboratively with EXC PUT to understand Sponsor/Donation process and develop a worldwide collaborative plan to enhance Sponsor/Donation acquisition process and secure stated EXC donations. Identifies key contacts for acquiring monograph and reference material packages.
- Assists the sponsor/donor of a potential new monograph(s) /revision of existing monograph(s) with guidance related to USP processes and co-develops a monograph submission package with the sponsor, as needed. Reviews monograph submission data packages and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to complete submission requirements. Delivers completed monograph package to USP Excipients Science Division
- Develop a business plan that builds upon the current book of Ingredient Verification Program (IVP) – EXC business. Work closely with the IVP team to establish key account targets, time-lines and account specific action plans to ensure successful program uptake. Focus efforts on prioritized targets while maintaining program profitability parameters established by executive leadership where appropriate. Ensure customers are shepherd through the IVP process and that the program is meeting the customers’ expectations. Act as point person for customer interactions between accounts and USP.
- Work with USP team members to set up SOPs for account contacts to ensure process is streamlined and not disrupted and / or redundant to the customer. Act as primary direct contact with the customer/potential customers/participants to Encourage adoption of the standards created and sell the services offered
- Travel as needed (Estimated minimum is 50%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field of relevant experience with USP-NF test and standards.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant Pharmaceutical, chemical or Biological industry experience, with at least 1 year in Technical Services or Analytical Method Development and at least 1 year in Customer Service, sales, strategic marketing, and/or market research for any relevant market (food ingredients, excipients, dietary supplements, or pharmaceuticals).
- Minimum 1 year experience in a matrixed organization
- A background in analytical chemistry and familiarity with analytical method validation.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting financial statements, survey results, and other data
- Proven history of ability to form strong customer relationships with scientific staff, and to communicate effectively with representatives from pharmaceutical/ excipient companies and trade associations. Demonstrated effectiveness at influencing senior management.
- MBA in Marketing, Sales or Supply Chain
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills. Demonstrated effectiveness at leveraging resources and collaborating across the organization (across reporting structures)
- Knowledge of USP products and services including knowledge of compendial standards and standards process.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with willingness to collaborate and compromise to reach attainable solutions, and incorporate lessons learned in future actions.
- Willingness to travel UP to 75% is a plus with International travel as needed.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Initial assignment: N/A
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular