Associate Satellite and Network Planner
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Associate Satellite and Network Planner within Intelsat's Network Planning Engineering team is responsible for planning the physical infrastructure of both the IntelsatOne backbone network as well as the global teleport network. This physical infrastructure is required to enable access to Intelsat's fleet of over 50 satellites.
The physical infrastructure enables services to be deployed across the network including Managed Media (Intelsat's media customers include all major US and World broadcasters as well as cable service providers), IP and Broadband services to land based and mobile customers (Intelsat's Broadband customers include maritime/aero mobility services providers, major Telcos and Cellular service providers).
As a part of this team, the Associate Engineer will be working with seasoned engineers to help perform satellite ground infrastructure and terrestrial network infrastructure planning, inventory management, facility cost control, and advanced customer solution development.
Intelsat provides excellent external and internal training opportunities as well as mentoring for new engineers to learn from the best of the breed in the industry.
- Develop requirements for Network Engineering based on Commercial forecasts from Sales and Product.
- Communicate build plans and capacity strategies for infrastructure deployments to internal organizations.
- Optimize network infrastructure to improve cost models.
- Continually improve processes associated with solution development.
- Proactive identification of system dependencies and project scope changes.
- Usage of analytical skills to resolve issues related to source data and/or systems.
- Ensure that best practice procedure is incorporated from a multiple department perspective, within your defined role and responsibility.
- Participate in meetings and activities to support Network Engineering projects and initiatives.
- Documentation of designs, architecture and site architecture drawings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to analyze situations and utilize problem solving abilities under pressure.
- Strong ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Visio, Project and Access or other database platform.
- Python or similar coding language expertise
- Working knowledge of Telecommunication networks is a plus (Candidates with basic understanding of the OSI 7 layer model preferred)
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.