Senior HR Compliance Analyst
As a member of the City of Alexandria's Human Resources' Benefits Team, the Senior HR Compliance Analyst, is responsible for administering the City's leave policies, procedures, and other relevant leave related areas to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, and City Administrative Regulations. The person selected for this position will report to the City's Benefits Manager and will be located within the City's Human Resources Department.
- Administers the organizational-wide compliance of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), short-term (STD) and long-term disability (LTD), and pre-employment physical examinations and drug and alcohol testing, also serves as one of the City's Designated Employer Representatives;
- Identifies areas of compliance vulnerability, anticipates and mitigates potential compliance challenges, develops strategies for risk avoidance and/or corrective action, and escalates issues as appropriate;
- Identifies and recommends best practices, evidence-based and data driven policy/process changes, in addition to works collaboratively with City government leaders, legal counsel, and human resource partners to ensure consistent policy interpretation and determinations across City Agencies;
- Compiles data to draft narrative and statistical reports and provide analysis of data and findings;
- Facilitates, provides guidance, training, and ensures the consistent application of HR policies and procedures;
- Serve as a subject matter expert when responding to department HR representatives and City employees on a variety of HR policies, procedures, and compliance matters;
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this position, the ideal candidate should possess at least a Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, or a related field of study; five years of progressively responsible human resources experience within benefits and/or compliance specifically in the areas of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); short-term (STD) and long-term disability (LTD); or an equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
About the Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is made up of a dedicated team of professionals working to support the strategic direction of the City government through the recruitment, development, and retention of a high-quality workforce capable of delivering public services in a complex and stimulating community environment. Through thoughtful planning and the diligent execution of work, the Human Resources Department focuses on the critical needs of our dynamic organization and its employees. If you are curious for a broader view, click the City of Alexandria to learn more about our great City.
This position requires the successful completion of pre-employment background checks including but not limited to a criminal background.