Organization Development Specialist
7 days left
- Full Time
The Human Resources Department is seeking a Specialist for its Learning and Organization team to provide a full range of development and internal consulting services in all areas of Organization Development (OD). The ideal candidate will utilize his or her broad expertise in organization development and human resources to interact with all levels of management and employees.
- Designs and implements talent management, organizational change and development initiatives and practices related to employee engagement, performance management, career and leadership development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, change management, process improvement and organization design that support the City's strategic goals;
- Identifies opportunities to develop fully integrated OD, leadership and learning solutions that blend organizational effectiveness, talent development, and change management to drive significant enhancements in performance, productivity, and climate;
- Through consultation and collaboration, works with stakeholders to assess talent management/leadership development needs with internal and external resources to design, develop, deliver and evaluate programs;
- Assists the Learning and Organization Development manager in partnering with current City leaders and stakeholders to develop, implement and grow an internal development program, building on current OD practice and capabilities, to accelerate development for high potential employees who are future leaders in the organization;
- Participates in the development, execution, and evaluation of organizational measurement and reporting tools and processes;
- Develops metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of OD/HR/Talent projects and initiatives.
- Keeps abreast on industry principles, concepts, practices, standards, systems, project management and process improvement principles and its application; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
To qualify for this position all candidates must possess a Four-Year College Degree; five (5) years of progressively-responsible human resources experience with a concentration in organization development; five years' experience in Federal, State or City laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations pertaining to human resource management; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
To be considered an ideal candidate, candidates should also possess at least eight (8) years of experience with organization development and talent management processes, practices and tools (e.g. performance management practices, career development, assessment and development tools such as MBTI, DISC, EQ-i), leadership and management development, including needs analysis, design, instruction, use of alternative delivery mechanisms, implementation within intact work groups, marketing and evaluation. Effective hands-on research and project management experience. Proficiency in using data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness that will close gaps from current to desired future state. Certification in Organization Development such as, change management or leadership development.
About the Department
The Human Resources Department is made up of a dedicated team of professionals working to support the strategic direction of the City government through the recruitment, development, and retention of a high-quality workforce capable of delivering public services in a complex and stimulating community environment. Through thoughtful planning and the diligent execution of work, the Human Resources Department focuses on the critical needs of our dynamic organization and its employees. If you are curious for a broader view, click the City of Alexandria to learn more about our great City.