Vice President, Research & Data Analytics
As the Vice President, Research & Data Analytics, you will be responsible for conducting and overseeing all aspects of United Way Worldwide’s research and data analytics efforts. This includes longitudinal, tracking studies on the performance of 1,800 worldwide affiliates; market research on the state of the United Way brand and customer segmentation studies; social & economic research on the state of the communities United Way serves; and real-time data analytics on millions of donors from our growing digital platform, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud This role also sees the strategic evolution of our BI portal which is built on Information Builders WebFocus platform. You will supervise a team of data scientists responsible for all qualitative and quantitative research. You will generate key actionable insights to inform the organization’s strategy. You will work closely with the IT team and the Digital Services team to ensure the greatest optimization and integration of all organizational data analytics.
Your work will help inform the direction of the organization, provide competitive intelligence on the state of the marketplace, and generate key voice of the customer feedback to inform product development and testing. You will be responsible for setting the United Way Worldwide’s research agenda, designing and leading key research projects, ensuring United Way Worldwide’s information needs are being met, and serving as the key leader and resource for United Way network’s analytics activities.
The Vice President, Research & Data Analytics must possess high methodological and ethical standards and be able to help lead organizational decision making based on empirical evidence. The Vice President must be able to make excellent verbal and written presentations to leaders from United Way, corporations, and public decision-makers and represent United Way in a wide range of settings (e.g., from nonprofit and public-sector leaders to top level academic groups).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
This individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Set a comprehensive research agenda for United Way Worldwide in collaboration with the Executive Management Team.
- Generate critical actionable insights to help meet the changing business needs of United Way Worldwide and its global network.
- Consult with key internal stakeholders to ensure organizational research needs are met and all data collection and analytics efforts are streamlined and optimized.
- Effectively manage and lead a team of data scientists conducting performance research, market research, social & economic research, and real-time data analytics.
- Design and conduct various types of quantitative and qualitative research, using advanced statistical analyses and methodologies.
- Be an expert on cutting edge research methodologies/technologies including data visualization, business intelligence, and artificial intelligence.
- Drive both strategy and tactical execution.
- Make excellent written and verbal presentations to United Way, corporate, labor, public sector leaders, and the media.
- Represent United Way at leading academic and nonprofit forums, associations, institutions, etc.
- Serve as United Way’s representative to various leading national panels (such as the Advisory Council of GIVING USA).
- Manage the budget for Research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Master’s degree required. Preference for MR or Behavioral Science. 15 - 20 years of relevant research experience in increasing capacities.
- Experience managing a team of data scientists and large scale research projects.
- Mastery of all facets of the research cycle from study design to instrument. construction to data analysis and insight generation.
- Advanced analytical and statistical techniques to include multivariate analyses, predictive analytics, and modeling.
- Mastery of statistical software packages(SAS and SPSS.)
- Familiarity with off-the-shelf online marketing research platforms; Qualtrics a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence/data visualization packages; familiarity with artificial intelligence technologies.
- Proven experience in large-scale data integration efforts and working collaboratively with IT functions.
- Demonstrated experience leading large scale projects delivered on time, within budget and with a high level of quality.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.