Attorney (Procurement & Property Law - Intellectual Property Attorney)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of which one year of the experience requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant's resume.
- Experience practicing intellectual property law, to include but not limited to trademark, copyright, rights of publicity, patents, and/or trade secrets.
- Ability to prepare pretrial briefs, motions, pleadings, responses and other documents to present the issues independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to provide legal advice and services with respect to regulations, practices, or other legal matters, and formulate opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to litigate cases before administrative bodies and federal courts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to include the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and prepare legal documents and presentations.
- Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details using resources such as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association.
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/reasonable-accommodation/
Selective Service: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant professional, educational, and work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified in the Qualifications section above, required for this position.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required Yes